"The Queer Advantage: Conversations with LGBTQ+ Leaders on the Power of Identity"
- Channel anger in a positive way -- using it as rocket fuel to succeed
- Leverage your difference to beget new ideas and strategies
- Bridge generational gaps
- Access resources to conquer denial, internalized homophobia, and doubt
- Use your sensitivity and attunement to read the room, deciding when to fit in and when to stand out
- Find a queer tribe and learn to help and lean on one another
Collecting incisive, deeply personal conversations with inspirational LGBTQ+ trailblazers about how they leveraged the challenges and insights they had as relative outsiders to succeed in the worlds of business, tech, politics, Hollywood, sports and beyond, The Queer Advantage celebrates the unique, supercharged power of queerness.
Andrew Gelwicks is a celebrity fashion stylist, writer, and speaker. He started in the fashion department at GQ, and later worked in celebrity booking for Teen VOGUE. His extensive portfolio includes working with Catherine O'Hara, Susan Sarandon, Uzo Aduba, Dixie D'Amelio, Michael Douglas, Delilah Belle, and Amelia Gray Hamlin, Lisa Rinna, Hilarie Burton Morgan, and Luna Blaise, among others.